Ticket Office, Gift Shop, and Reception Desk Manager
Phoenix des Lumières, Dortmund, GERMANY
Culturespaces, an organisation that employs 400 employees and which specialises in the management of historical monuments and museums, and the creation and management of digital art centres, is seeking a candidate for the following position at its new venue, Phoenix des Lumières: Ticket Office, Gift Shop, and Reception Desk Deputy Manager (m/w/d).
Phoenix des Lumières will open its doors in January 2023 in Dortmund, in the Phoenix Halle, a former gas plant part of the famous Phoenix West blast furnace. Located in the core of Phoenix West area, five minutes away from the Phoenix See and 15 minutes away from Dortmund city centre, Phoenix des Lumières will use unique cutting-edge technology to create immersive exhibitions devoted to some of the most famous artists in the history of art. The exhibitions will be designed to complement the unique architecture of the venue, with its 13-metre-high walls and 3000-m²-surface area.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Phoenix des Lumières, you will supervise the operations of the Reception Desk, the Ticket Office, and the Gift Shop in order to ensure that visitors receive a warm welcome at the Reception Desk, the venue is enhanced and promoted, and that the commercial operations run as smoothly as possible. Hence, your responsibilities will be the following:
Supervise the activities of the Reception Desk and Ticket Office:
• Greet and inform visitors (information about the venue, information about tours, etc.)
• Sell entry tickets
• Manage and check the Ticket Office cash registers
• Check visitors’ access passes
• Ensure that the reception desk display cases are well presented and well stocked every day, including the supply of booklets
• Manage the visitor itinerary
• Monitor the Reception and Ticket Office area
• Ensure that the Reception and Ticket Office area is clean and tidy every day
Supervise the activities of the Gift Shop:
• Manage the stocks and inventories
• Prepare orders for supplies for the Gift Shop
• Participate in labelling and placing products on the shop’s shelves
• Ensure that products are presented to best advantage in the shop windows and sell products
• Inform customers about the products on sale
• Prepare and update accounting reports for the Ticket Office, Gift Shop, and Reception Desk Manager
• Help compile summaries for the annual inventories
• Monitor the Gift Shop and the anti-theft devices
• Ensure that the shop is clean and tidy every day
Manage and supervise the teams:
• Organise the teams’ schedules and timetables in the absence of the Manager
• Train the teams
• Check that the facilities and equipment are in good repair every day
Requirements and qualifications
The successful candidate will at least hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline : sales, tourism, or museum studies and will have at least three years’ experience in a similar post.
Possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you have a good sense of teamwork and an ability to make visitors feel welcome. You are known for your dynamism and reactivity. You are autonomous, versatile, and dynamic. Knowledge of the history of art is an advantage. The ideal candidate is fluent in German, English.
Contract: Full-time permanent contract
To apply to this job
send your CV and letter of motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.