Fabrique des Lumières, Amsterdam
Culturespaces, an organisation that employs 400 employees and which specialises in the management of historical monuments and museums, and the creation and management of digital art centres, is seeking a candidate for the following position at its new venue, Fabrique des Lumières : Executive Assistant.
Fabrique des Lumières will open its doors in April 2022 in Amsterdam, in the Westergasfabriek, a former gas plant. Located in Westerpark, ten minutes away from the historical city centre, Fabrique des Lumières will use unique cutting-edge technology to create immersive exhibitions devoted to some of the most famous artists in the history of art. The exhibitions will be designed to complement the unique architecture of the venue, with its 17-metre-high walls and 2,800-m²-surface area. In addition to immersive exhibitions that focus on traditional and modern artists, an exhibition space will be devoted to more contemporary works.
Working under the guidance of the Director of Fabrique des Lumières, you will perform the following tasks:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of the venue:
* Craft, write, and manage emails;
* Screen calls;
* Organise the Director’s meetings and schedule;
* Make travel arrangements;
* Manage expense accounts.
- Financial accounts management:
* Manage and track orders and supplier and customer invoices;
* Prepare accounting reports;
* Manage cash registers, cash deposits at the bank and prepare accounting reports;
- Manage staff administration:
* Participate in recruitment and collaborate with HR Department (sorting CVs, preselecting candidates, and scheduling appointments for interviews);
* Applicant tracking and employment contract management;
* Generate salary information for internal use and accounting firm;
* Manage work schedules;
* Monitor and follow up employee attendance and absence;
* Implement the employee training plan;
* Manage the training and recruitment budget.
- Oversee the administrative management of the venue:
* Manage the venue’s maintenance and works contracts;
* Ensure administrative follow-up of events;
* Monitor compliance with procedures;
* Coordinate the work of the assistants.
The ideal candidate is fluent in Dutch, English and French and holds (the equivalent of) a Master’s degree in Business Administration. You will have at least ten years’ experience with similar responsibilities, including experience working under a Director in a small organisation. You will be very well organised and rigorous, representative, pro-active with excellent communication skills, and demonstrate managerial qualities inherent to your responsibilities. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
Last but not least you need to be willing to work outside standard office hours and weekends.
Contract: Full-time permanent contract
To apply for this job,
send your CV and letter of motivation in English by email to email@example.com.