Phoenix des Lumières, Dortmund, GERMANY
Culturespaces, an organisation that employs 400 employees and which specialises in the management of historical monuments and museums, and the creation and management of digital art centres, is seeking a candidate for the following position at its new venue, Phoenix des Lumières: Executive Assistant (M/W/D).
Phoenix des Lumières will open its doors in October 2022 in Dortmund, in the Phoenix Halle, a former gas plant part of the famous Phoenix West blast furnace. Located in the core of Phoenix West area, five minutes away from the Phoenix See and 15 minutes away from Dortmund city centre, Phoenix des Lumières will use unique cutting-edge technology to create immersive exhibitions devoted to some of the most famous artists in the history of art. The exhibitions will be designed to complement the unique architecture of the venue, with its 13-metre-high walls and 3000-m²-surface area.
Working under the guidance of the Director of Phoenix des Lumières, you will perform the following tasks:
Provide administrative support to the Director of the venue:
• Craft, write, and manage emails
• Screen calls
• Organise the Director’s meetings and schedule
• Make travel arrangements
• Manage expense accounts
Financial accounts management:
• Manage and track orders and supplier and customer invoices
• Prepare accounting reports
• Manage cash registers, cash deposits at the bank and prepare accounting reports
Manage staff administration:
• Participate in recruitment and collaborate with HR Department (sorting CVs, preselecting candidates, and scheduling appointments for interviews)
• Applicant tracking and employment contract management
• Generate salary information for internal use and accounting firm
• Manage work schedules
• Monitor and follow up employee attendance and absence
• Implement the employee training plan
• Manage the training and recruitment budget
Oversee the administrative management of the venue:
• Manage the venue’s maintenance and works contracts
• Ensure administrative follow-up of events
• Monitor compliance with procedures
• Coordinate the work of the assistants
Requirements and qualifications
The ideal candidate is fluent in German and English and holds (the equivalent of) a Master’s degree in Business Administration. You will have at least ten years’ experience with similar responsibilities, including experience working under a Director in a small organisation. You will be very well organised and rigorous, representative, pro-active with excellent communication skills, and demonstrate managerial qualities inherent to your responsibilities. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Last but not least you need to be willing to work outside standard office hours and weekends.
Contract: Full-time permanent contract
To apply to this job
send your CV and letter of motivation in English to email@example.com.